Thursday, September 25, 2008

NAMI walk for life.........

This Saturday is a big event in my life & the life of my family. It is the NAMI Walk. For those who don't know what NAMI is it stands for National Association of Mental Illness. My parents and siblings put a team together in my honor to help support BiPolar. I am excited to walk together with them & have their support & love with me this weekend. It has been a long 4 year road. (Really it is a life time) but since m diagnoses 4 years ago it has been a growing time for all of us. If you know anyone who struggles at all with any kind of Mental Illness I encourage you to be proactive. Get educated. Ignorance is the worst medicine. You can go to NAMI.org & get involved. Our team is LovelyLeah (that was what my Mom called me when I was little) & you can come & walk with us or make a donation in our honor to help with education research & all kinds of things. Most of all I would encourage ou to go to the website & become familiar with how real it is all around you.

No comments: