Friday, October 24, 2008

"Should we shoot them?"

Yesterday was a most crazy day for us. Nate had to go into work early to help train. Eliza had voice lessons & her 3 hour starlets practice. Taylor had a scrimage in Centerville & McKay had regular football practice. I had a Primary Presidency meeting & a Stake Leadership meeting. The only dilema was all these events were happening at the same time. Nate had to be in Salt Lake, Eliza in Sandy, Taylor in Centerville, & McKay & I here in Bountiful. Thanks to family & friends everyone got to where they needed to & home safe & sound..... I was almost not so lucky.
When RaShawn dropped me off we sat in the driveway for 15-20 minutes max talking. As we were talking Erica came running across the street & up to my front door. Then I watched her go inside. She then came out & headed towards RaShawn's car. When she realized it was us she told me what was going on. Taylor & McKay were home alone (I know he is only 9 but it was for an hour). He didn't recognize RaShawn's car & got very concerned. He called Erica sobbing. Erica went & got the boys as I got out of the car. They were shaking. Thank you Erica for being the greatest nieghbor! The boys & I went inside & I got them calmed down. Then the best part of the story came (I know I shouldn't laugh at a time like this but innocence is so dang cute). Taylor & McKay had their Red Ryder Rifle's ready to go. They were going to come & shoot RaShawn's car.


9 comments:

Laura said...

That is funny and sad. Poor kids! I would be freaking out myself too. Funny!

Erica said...

I never want to erase the saddest, sweetest little voice on my answering machine. I had a number of solicitor calls, so, I decided to not answer the phone anymore. When I heard a sobbing child voice on the answering machine, I picked up immediately. Taylor asked me to come right over. I literally ran. I was expecting to find a horrible accident with you passed out on the floor unable to speak and blood spurting everywhere! I was so happy to find you and Rashawn, happily visiting for a few minutes in the car. Oh, that experience made me love your sweet innocent boys!

Tiffany said...

Red Ryder Rifle's?? I didn't know those were real. I'm glad they thought to call a neighbor when they were scared.

Sarah said...

At least they were prepared to defend the fort! I'm glad that you live where neighbors literally drop everything and run to help. Way to go Erica! Glad it was just you two in the driveway talking...and could go in to take the guns away! (funny, sad, great story!)

Robyn said...

Okay, so love that they had these very scary guns to protect the home. Erica is an amazing hero. Thanks for the adorable story of bravery!

Melissa said...

Oh that's so sad.
I'm glad you guys weren't robbers.
You are surrounded by great neighbours.
You're very blessed to have them.

Angie Helm Interiors said...

Remind me to call first before stopping by your place anytime in the near future. Glad your boys and rifles are still intact.

RaShawn said...

I felt so bad all night thinking of your boys sobbing. It makes me laugh that they had their Red Rider guns ready. I hope they aren't scared for life and you can leave them alone oneday.

Maricela said...

Leah, you're a blogger - YAY!! I found your blog on Laura and RaShawn's blogs.

I stopped by your house that night to drop something off, lights were on, but no one answered the door...I probably scared your boys! Poor things, but they are brave with those guns that "will shoot their eye out!" :)