Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Coco!

Today is Coco's birthday & we love our Coco! Coco is a very special person to us. She is like a second mother to me & like a grandma to our children. Grandma Coco's home is the "Holy Land". I know that we moved to Bountiful because Coco was supposed to become a part of our lives & our lives have been changed forever because of her love & example. While my parents were living in NC & I was having a very difficult time after a surgery Eliza was sitting on the side of my bed & said to me, "Mom I know Heavenly Father sent Grandma Coco to us for you to have a mom while Grandma Susie is so far away." Coco is one of the most selfless people I have ever met. She is always serving & doing for others. Shortly before her son Brock left on his mission he shared the most moving count of his mother:
While sitting in the temple waiting to join his family he caught a glance of his mom dressed all in white & broke down in tears. He couldn't contain himself because it was the most beautiful sight he had ever seen to see his mother who had always been his constant example looking so pure and beautiful.
That story is moving to me. I pray that I can be that kind of mother to my sons. Happy Birthday Coco & thank you for bringing us into your family while my parents were away & for still allowing us to be apart of your beautiful family. We love you.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Sisters are the best. I'm so glad that I have 5. We can really rally together when we need to.