Friday, October 17, 2008

Brandon Neil Delozier Feb. 23, 1973 - OCT. 17, 2005

My brother passed away 3 years ago today. It is hard to believe that it has been that belong. We miss him so much but we are so grateful to know that we will be with him again. Today we went out to lunch and sat and shared our favorite memories of Brandon's life and what we most loved about him. We enjoy celebrating his life. It was fun to hear what the kids remember about him.
My brother died at a young age but he accomplished a lot in his young life. He was always the center of attention and everyone enjoyed being around him. He would light up a room. I had the special experience of being at his side with my parents and my little sister as he took his last few breaths and slipped peacefully through the viel. Although it was very hard it was beautiful and peaceful to know he was physically out of pain. He had been in pain for 1 year so we were grateful for his pain to be over.
I am so thankful for the gospel. I am not sure how people have loved ones die with out the knowledge and belief in the gospel. It brings complete peace knowing that one day we will be together again. I am grateful for the good times I had with Brandon and I look forward to that day that we are reuntited.
Love you B!

1 comment:

Carly said...

I can't believe it has been 3 years either. I too love remembering the good times, even though it sometimes makes me cry. We are lucky to be his sisters and blessed to be a part of our family and have the knowledge we do that we can all be together with B again. I love you!