Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Come what may & love it!"............Elder Wirthlin-

Elder Joseph B Wirthlin





Elder Joseph B. "Speedy" Wirthlin, apostle of the Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder-day Saints, and former running back for the University of Utah, addresses the team before this year's Spring intrasquad game.




I knew there was I reason I loved this guy!
I was so saddended to hear this morning that Elder Wirthlin passed awa last night. It is ironic that I just gave a talk on Sunday reguarding his past Conference address. I am so grateful that I was able to study this message & come to love him so much more. It is also fun to know that he played football at the "Lord's School".
I pray that his family will feel comfort but know he is gratefull to be with his sweatheart again!

3 comments:

LL said...

thank you for telling me about this, I hadn't heard until you messaged me. What a GREAT post, I loved him...and he was a UTE. what a good man!

:)

Maricela said...

Leah, you did a good job on your Sunday talk. I really enjoyed how you went through and described each of their personalities. I watched them listen to you with big smiles on their faces!

Unknown said...

Great post! Elder Wirthlin was a great man. Thanks Leah.